Since I announced the addition of a Direct Primary Care program to the services offered through Trinity I’ve gotten lots of positive feedback and support. I’m excited to see the first patients start signing up for the program even though it doesn’t start until January 1st, 2016.
Many people have asked me to provide a short summary of the program and it’s benefits for the average patient. I could write a lot about why I like this model so much but will try to keep it brief.
The two biggest advantages of this program are the lower cost of providing care and the increased accessibility. First, with the removal of insurance overhead this office can provide a full range of services at a very low price. I can only do this by cancelling my contracts with insurance companies to allow a lower than allowable cost. Most services are inexpensive enough to simply be included in the monthly membership price. Others can be offered at exceptional discounts. Second, having more time to counsel over the phone, communicate via email, and spend face to face with each patient allows for more personalized therapies. I’ve long said that the most valuable thing I have to offer my patients is my focused attention on their concerns bringing to bear my understanding and expertise to their personal, individual situation. I want to build an office that accentuates those opportunities.
Trinity Medical Associates of Hardin Valley as a Direct Primary Care office will offer the following benefits with membership:
- Unlimited medically necessary visits in person, over the phone, or via email as appropriate to the situation
- No per visit copay
- Direct phone access to me and my office staff during the business day
- Direct email access to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Same and next business day appointment availability
- 24/7 telephone coverage through Trinity Medical Associates on call physician services
- Longer more focused visits. The standard visit will be 30 mins in length with physicals lasting one hour.
- Most in-office testing is included such as rapid strep test and rapid flu test
- Most routine blood work is included such as Cholesterol testing, Kidney function, Liver function, Thyroid testing, Hgb A1c
- Most in-office diagnostics are included such as EKG, Audiometry, and Spirometry
- Yearly influenza vaccination
Membership is $30/month for children up to 22 years of age, $60/month for adults, and $90/month for those 65 years of age and older. The family plan covers two married adults and all their children at $210/month. The enrollment fee is waived with sign up prior to January 1st, 2016. After that the enrollment fee covers the first month of membership with payment.
For those interested in aggressively pursuing better health we’ve added an increased membership level that covers VitalSigns Wellness center membership, VitalMeals enrollment (our email meal planning service), and monthly visits with Nutritional Counseling, Wellness Coaching, or Biblical counseling. This is designed to give members all the tools necessary to make their health a success story.
I invite everyone with questions to contact me at email@example.com or Mel Moss, the DPC office coordinator, at TMAHV@secure.trinitymedical.net. If you already think this is something you’re interested in you can sign up at trinitymedical.hint.com/signup.
Below you’ll find a copy of our flyer.