I haven’t been cooking new recipes as much lately but I have been preparing school lunches and afternoon snacks! I got the idea of smoothie pop molds from “100 days of real food” and my girls love them! Originally, I thought I would stick them in their lunches with an ice pack but I let them eat one at home first to try it out and it took them way over 20 minutes to finish which is how long they get for their entire lunch at school so we will stick to it being an afternoon treat.
I either put 100% organic (natural) fruit juice in them (NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP) or I make up fruit smoothies for breakfast and then freeze some in the molds for later. What kind of smoothies do you like?
- 1 plain organic yogurt or carbmaster yogurt from Kroger (plain or flavored. This does have Splenda (sucralose in it).
- 1 cup berries any kind, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons milk ( I use unsweetened almond milk for my lactose free girl)
- ½ – ¾ cup fresh spinach leaves (sometimes)
- Optional: if using fresh berries (instead of frozen) add some ice cubes
- * I will ocassionally add some local honey if it is too tart.
- Blend ingredients in blender