Recipe Review- Asian Poached Salmon
Recipe Type: Slow Cooker
Use wild caught salmon (not farm raised). Salmon is an AWESOME source of good omega 3 fatty acids. I bought minced garlic in the jar instead of cloves to save time. I had to make this one on a weekend while I was home since it would over cook on a work day. Cook time is 3-4 hours in the slow cooker!
- 6 frozen salmon fillets, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- 1 (2.25-oz) package sliced almonds
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup organic Asian sesame salad dressing
- Coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place salmon in slow cooker.
- Bring 1 cup water, 1⁄2 cup green onions, soy sauce, ginger,garlic, salt and pepper to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour over salmon.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or until salmon flakes with a fork; flake salmon into pieces.
- Arrange romaine on serving plates.
- Top with oranges, almonds, cucumber, 1⁄4 cup green onions and salmon.
- Drizzle with dressing.