- ⅓ cup Coconut Flour
- 5 TBSP Butter or Coconut Oil, softened but not melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBSP honey (optional)-careful, this raises the carb count a lot!
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Put all ingredients into medium sized bowl and mix well with immersion blender or hand mixer until well incorporated
- Using your hands, carefully form into nine small balls and mash each one down with a spoon to make it about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Top with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream for Strawberry Shortcake
- Top with egg, bacon and hollandaise sauce for Eggs Benedict
- Serve with chili or soup
- Add cinnamon and top with cream cheese for a cinnamon type roll
- Cut in half or use two to make a sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
- Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and 1/4 tsp cayenne to make cheese biscuits
Recipe credit: http://wellnessmama.com/2233/coconut-flour-biscuits/
Review: Coconut flour saps a lot of moisture from mixture when baking-that is why it calls for more eggs. I used 2.5 tbsp butter and 2.5 tbsp of coconut oil to get a nice balance of both in the mixture. For more coconut flavor-use all coconut oil. They are small biscuits, but perfect to use 2 and sandwich between egg, sausage and cheese for a SUPER filling, protein packed and healthy breakfast that will keep you full for a long time! Try the variations too-there are lots of creative things you can do with these.
Remember, coconut flour and almond flour are low carb flours and can be enjoyed in moderation in a low carb diet.