**using a mandolin makes quick work of slicing vegetables but be careful! Option: Can add yellow squash slices too using an 8×8 dish or substitue squash for potatoes
- 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. butter
- 2 medium sweet or yellow onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced ¼” thickness
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced ¼” thickness
- 2-3 Yukon Gold potatoes (unpeeled), sliced ¼” thickness (may exchange for yellow squash if eating low carb)
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or oregano
- 2 T. butter, melted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese or 1 c. Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 1 T. butter with olive oil and sauté sliced onions until almost tender and begin to caramelize.
- Spray pie plate or quiche dish with cooking spray and place onions in dish. Toss drained potatoes and zucchini together with salt, pepper, and thyme or oregano. Layer potato, zucchini, and tomato slices over onions and repeat around pan, shingling them and filling in center. Drizzle with 2 T. melted butter. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until potatoes tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.