- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
- 3 clovesgarlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, un-drained
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 2-3 cups of water (to desired consistency)
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
- 2 tbsp. dried marjoram
In large pot or dutch oven, brown beef and onion.
Add all ingredients except parsley.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
You may add extra water if you like a thinner soup.
Garnish with parsley to serve.
- Recipe modified and taken from: http://www.food.com/recipe/cabbage-and-beef-soup-21886