Beef and Sweet Potato Curry
- You Need per person/serving:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter (1/4 cup/family of 4)
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, or 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (1-2 tablespoons/family of 4)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan salt (1-2 tablespoons/family of 4)
- Other spices to taste: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, etc
- 1/4 of a 14 or 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas or green beans (1 bag frozen per family of 4)
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large soup pot.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic and add to pot.
- Saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the meat and cook until browned.
- Add spices and stir well to incorporate.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes (small cubes) and add to pan.
- Add canned tomatoes (with liquid) and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer 20 minutes until potatoes are soft .
- Add peas or green beans and cook until they are heated.
This was great and approved by my 5 year olds 🙂 It reheated well so can make ahead and reheat or take for lunches. I used green beans. Use grass-fed or lean beef. May also use turkey or sausage. I went easy on the curry for this first time and didn’t use tumeric because I didn’t have it. Does anyone have tips for easier ways to cut sweet potatoes? They are not bad when you have had them for awhile but they can be tough!