Bacon Apple Crock-Pot Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can also be done with a whole chicken or thighs)
- 2 apples- peeled, cored and grated
- 1 cup homemade barbecue sauce
- 8 pieces of bacon (nitrite free)
- Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 pieces of bacon and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix grated apple and barbecue sauce and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours until done.
This was so easy and so good! I used Annie’s natural BBQ sauce that I got at Kroger. Look for one with no high fructose corn syrup. You can use spoon to shred the chicken when it’s finished and put over a bed of lettuce or in a low carb wrap! How do you cook chicken in the crock-pot? Share below!